Take Control of Your Property Tax Bill
We’ve helped save more than 12,000 homeowners and property managers in Chicago (Cook, DuPage and Lake Counties) and Houston (Harris County) $25 million dollars in property taxes with successful appeals on over 35,000 properties. Condo associations and businesses have also saved a bundle.
How Kensington Property Tax Appeals Work
Who We Serve
Your home is likely the most important investment you will ever make. Don’t pay more in property taxes than you should. Give us your address and we’ll calculate how much you may be able to save based on 5 comparable properties or “comps.”
If you own/manage multiple single-family homes or small apartment buildings, staying vigilant against unfair assessment increases goes straight to your bottom line. Give us a list of your addresses and we’ll estimate your savings.
If you recently made a property purchase, make sure you’re not overspending on property taxes. If you can share 3 years of your income and expense statements, we can provide an estimate of how much you may be able to save on appeal.
“Our check arrived last Friday, 8/16/13. I want to THANK YOU and all the people involved at your firm for their efforts to retrieve this refund. It has truly been a pleasure working with you. Everything was handled very professionally, courteously and consistently. I really enjoyed the email updates. I would certainly recommend your company to anyone who has any doubts in their mind about your goals and intentions. Again, I thank You very, very much!”
“My experience with Kensington Research and Recovery was delightful. They effectively cleared any confusion I may have had around my case and communicated well throughout the process. If Kensington Research and Recovery contacted me in the future I would gladly work with them again.”
“The entire process was exceptional. My contact at Kensington was courteous, respectful, polite, and above all, knowledgeable. If Kensington called me tomorrow I would work with them again, no questions asked.”
“Kensington Research and Recovery was quite professional throughout my experience in working with them. I would gladly work with them again, as they have brought a valuable service to me in the past.”
“The people at Kensington Research and Recovery were very forthcoming and diligent communicators. They took it upon themselves to ensure that I was fully aware of all stages of the process. I would gladly welcome any future services they could offer myself, or my business in the future.”
- The system is rigged so why bother?
- Property tax appeals are a scam.
- I already won a property tax reduction. Why do it again?
- The process is too complicated and time consuming.
- Why appeal before a reassessment? My property taxes are going to go up anyway.
- I will save a lot of money by appealing myself.
- Assessors rely on appeals to improve fairness of assessments
- We succeed by successfully advocating for you. When you don’t appeal, you are effectively underwriting the savings of those who do.
- Counties don’t always keep up with recent sales and, if you don’t appeal every year, you may be leaving money on the table.
- The process is complicated, but not for our clients. We do the work and stay on top of all the deadlines. Nothing gets missed.
- Appealing before your home is reassessed could reduce your next bill by thousands, and any increase may be mitigated by the reduction to your assessment.
- Only if you don’t put a value on your time and don’t count the extra savings that expertise and multiple appeals can yield.