What Is My Home’s Assessed Value in Cook County?
If you’d like to know how much Cook County thinks your property is worth, which is what they use to calculate your property tax bill, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Cook County Illinois Property Tax Portal here
- Enter your 14-digit property index number (PIN)
- If you don’t know your PIN, you can also enter your address
- Click on your property on the search results page
- Note the “Estimated Property Value” listed towards the top right of the results page
- Click the “Tax Calculator” icon and link to see what you potentially owe the county
- You can see historical values by clicking the “Assessed Value History” button
How Can I Reduce My Property Tax Bill?
If you’d like to pay 100% of the amount calculated here, be our guest.
If you’re a homeowner and you haven’t appealed your property taxes yet this year, you could potentially save hundreds or thousands with our residential property tax appeal service.